Every Friday, the WIKY Morning Show invites a local non-profit group or organization to promote their mission and/or an upcoming event... but only if they bring breakfast. We eat, they promote - seems like a fair trade. Yes, to some extent we're extorting food from them, but in our minds its a win-win situation.
Over the years, the two big questions we always get asked are:
1) How do we get on the Extortion Breakfast and
2) Can we get the recipes for what was served?
Extortion Breakfasts are booked almost a year in advance, but from time to time we have some last minute cancellations. To be considered for an invitation, your organization must be a 401(c)3 or equivalent. Send your request to Dennis Jon Bailey or Diane Douglas via email - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Date: Friday, November 22, 2013
Guests: Aurora: Giving Light To the Homeless
What: 3rd Annual Gingerbread House Competition
When: Saturday, December 7th
Where: The Centre
For more info, visit the Junior League's website: http://auroraevansville.org
Visit our Facebook page as well: https://facebook.com/extortionbreakfast
Biscuits and Gravy (otherwise known as "Nature's Perfect Food!")
1 16 oz. can refrigerated jumbo buttermilk biscuits
1 9.6 oz. package Jimmy Dean sausage crumbles
1/4 cup flour
2 1/2 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk; cook until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Split biscuits in half. Place 2 halves on each of 8 plates; top with about 1/3 cup gravy.